Thursday, February 17, 2011

Weight Update

Some of you asked that I give an update on how Weight Watchers is working for me.  Well, I am pleased to announce that it is going smashingly!  And I mean that in the most awesome of ways.

Each week, I have consistently lost about 1.6 lbs.  It doesn't sound like much, but keep in mind that I'm just trying to lose that last little bit of baby weight.  So, I've lost a total of 4.8 lbs.  Let's just round that up to 5.  So, in three weeks, I've lost about 25% of what I had hoped to lose.  Not bad!

Even more importantly, being on Weight Watchers hasn't really affected the way I eat.  I actually found that I wasn't eating enough, therefore my body was retaining.  That said, sometimes it is hard to fit in my glass or two of wine without going over, but that's what the extra weekly points are for.

The website has a lot of great recipes that other members have posted.  I have two new favorites, ginger chicken and beef and broccoli stir fry.  Wow.  If that is diet food, I'll take it!  Let me know if y'all want recipes and I will be happy to post them.  Oh, and did I mention that they are fairly easy?  I think I have probably told you before that I don't cook anything that is too difficult.

Now if only I could find time to excercise ::coughcoughCouch25Kcoughcough::

The warm weather is completely inspiring me to move my ass.  As in, get some fresh air, take a walk, excercise, something!  The sunshine and 70 degree weather just feel SO good*.  Almost time to pull out the sundresses, skirts, tank tops, and sandals!  Okay, maybe not almost, but we are a lot closer than we were, darlings.

*Sorry to y'all that are still buried in snow.

2 comments:

  1. i say 5 pounds in 3 weeks is FABULOUS! Keep up the good work girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I believe you to be perfect the way you are, congrats on the weight loss. I understand wanting to return to a smaller size..I am still trying to get back into my middle school clothes...not happenin'

    I think the rate at which you are losing weight is appropriate. If you are averaging 1.6lbs/wk, that's a calorie deficit of roughly 5500kcal/wk, which means you have either cut or burned about 800kcal/day. It's really hard to lose more than 1-2lbs/wk unless you are working out really hard, in addition to cutting some kcals. Any bit of physical activity you could squeeze in (prefer 30+minutes, but will accept 20-ish) would be a super duper bonus.

    My expert opinion has been provided to you at no cost-well, I accept hugs and smiles!!

    Keep up the hard work. I hope to see a new you that makes me hate you next month...or the month after, which ever I can be fit into..

    ReplyDelete