Friday, June 17, 2011

Happy Summer!

I hope you are all having a fantastic summer!  Things are still the same around here.  Hectic schedule, play with LJ, dinner with Jax, rinse and repeat.  But let's chit chat about something different today, shall we?

LJ's first birthday is tomorrow.  TOMORROW.  Holy shit.  One year ago at this very moment, I was in labor.  I didn't know I was in labor.  Actually, I think more appropriately, I was in labor and denial at the same time.

After about 5 hours of "cramps, " and on my mother's advice, I called the doctor's office.  When I explained what was happening, the nurse laughed at me and told me to go to labor and delivery.  I was one day shy of 39 weeks.

We got on the road to make the hour and 15 minute drive to the hospital and my contractions had finnaly gotten painful.  They were only 3 minutes apart.  It was a little scary, but I had faith that I wasn't going to have my baby on the side of the road.  By the way, they will NOT give you an epidural in the hospital parking lot.  I asked.

Long story short, I started having cramps around 11am, got to the hospital around 7pm, and had my epidural around 9:30pm.  The epi slowed my contractions, so they gave me the smalled bit of pitocin.  I was 10 cm dilated by 11pm.  After two hours of pushing, and me spiking a 102 degree fever, my baby boy was born at 1:01am.

Labor wasn't bad at all.  The first few weeks were hell.  But I would do it all over again.  LJ is perfect.  We are very blessed.

He is almost walking.  He says bo-ty (bottle), Doooo (Duke), Mama, Da-ddy (hilarious to hear), na-na (night night), bear, fiss (fish), uh-oh, and duun (done).  That's all I can think of right now.  And he signs "more" and "all done." 

He goes to bed around 7:30pm and sleeps until anywhere between 5:30 and 6:30am.  Sometimes we are lucky and he sleeps until 7, but usually it is around 6.

It is hard to believe that a year has gone by.  And I know how very lucky and blessed I am to have such a happy, healthy little boy.

Y'all have a great weekend!  We will be celebrating with good food, cake, ice cream, and fun presents!

1 comment:

  1. We are all patiently waiting on pictures!! You cannot deny us his cuteness!!

    ReplyDelete