Friday, December 10, 2010

Reindeer Food

Let me see if I can correctly remember this conversation...

Me:  Little J and I are going to make Reindeer Food on Christmas Eve to leave out for Santa's reindeer!

Jax:  What is Reindeer Food?  What do you mean?

Me:  It is oatmeal and gold glitter.

Jax:  Reindeer can't eat glitter.

Me:  No, the glitter shines and shows them how to get to our house.  Then they eat the oatmeal while Santa is leaving toys.

Jax:  Wait, so do you add water?

Me:  Ummm, no.  Why would we add water?

Jax:  So, what do you do, put it in baggies?  Is it real glitter?  What are you talking about?

Me:  We are going to put it in baggies for him to give to his friends, but we are also going to put it in our yard.  And yes it is REAL glitter!  And oatmeal!  For the reindeer to eat!

Jax:  If I see you come home with a big box of oatmeal I'm going to hide it from you until after Christmas.

Scrooge.  Whatevs, we are totally doing it anyway. 

Reindeerz gotta EAT, y'all.

I just realized that Christmas is like two weeks away.  And I still have the majority of my shopping to do.  Including ONLINE shopping.  Oh my, this is so not like me. 

HALP!  HALP!  PANIC!  CHAOS!  Good Lawd, I'm going to need a Valium to make it through the next two weeks.  Especially if I keep having conversations like that with my husband.

5 comments:

  1. that is hilarious! I've never heard of doing that! We always put baby carrots out on the same plate as the cookies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was given reindeer food this year for the first time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We made reindeer food for my son's whole class. We'll be sprinkling ours out in the yard on Christmas Eve. He's retarded. We are not.

    ReplyDelete