Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Ides Of March

I am totally being 'ware (beware... whatever).  And, on that note, instead of just waiting for things to happen, which it seems I always am, I'm going to focus on the here and now.

Or maybe on doing my best each work day, so that I can simply- and hopefully quickly- make it to the weekend.

What does this have to do with the Ides of March?  Not sure.  Perhaps, for me, it is more about being AWARE.  Ummm, am I talking in circles?  I feel like I am.  Doesn't matter, I don't feel like editing today.  So, being aware... being focused... making things happen... just living... not always waiting for something better to come along, but actually making things better.

I've got this big thing with karma lately.  You know, like if I do "this" then surely I will be granted/achieve/get what the hell I want "this."  Isn't that how it works?  I guess if it means I'm always trying to do the right thing, then maybe it isn't such a bad thing to ponder.

Uh-oh, Caesar just walked in the door.  Gotta run.

1 comment:

  1. I am a big fan or living in the "here and now." There is an old Tibetan saying-you never know what will come first, the next day or the next life. There is also a fundamental Buddhist belief in removing all things that are causing you suffering. If you are constantly consumed with what is yet to come, then you forget to enjoy everything else. So, if you remove that "suffering" from your life, then you should be somewhat on your way to a happier life. Even mundane things can be made better by just convincing yourself that you are doing exactly what you want to be doing..!!

    Vomit. That is so real...and serious. Yuck. Boners.

    ReplyDelete