Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Realization

I've been unhappy in my job for a while now.  Switching properties only made it worse.  A couple of days ago I realized that I was just making things harder on myself. 

I got frustrated very easily.  Mostly with coworkers who have no clue what they are doing.  I'm tired of cleaning up messes that others are making.  I don't want to be in this field.  I'm tired of being exhausted when I wake up in the morning because I begin my day so early, stay on the road about 3 hours a day, and then get home just in time to put my baby to bed and get in bed myself.

It is tiring.  But it is no one's fault.  And blaming everyone else, no matter how incompetent they seem to be, wasn't helping.  It was making things worse.

So I've resolved to try and make the best of it.  It won't change the mind-numbing monotony of my day.  And it won't make the questions that literally pain me any less tedious.  But maybe it will help me to not feel like I'm about to jump out of my skin every day.  Maybe I won't fly into a murderous rage when someone cuts me off on the interstate- well, I will probably do that anyway.

But you know what else?  I actually found that I kind of like the coworker who was driving me bat shit crazy.  She really is nice and she is trying to learn.  Maybe I should just get over myself and try to turn this situation around.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like they are wearing you down. Don't let "the man" keep you down or beat you up! You are better than that. I also suspect that you are falling victim to some Jedi mind trick non-sense. Tisk, tisk.

    Stay strong. But, if you do decide to freak out and go down in a blaze of glory, let me know before hand. I would really like to document it on my blog. I am getting low on readers...

    ReplyDelete