Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Let's Talk About Weight, Bay-Bee

When I got pregnant I weighed... I was a size... I was a lot smaller than I am now.  Here is the truth, I gained 50 pounds with Little J.  Sometime after the first trimester I lost weight instead of gaining and a certain someone (Mama) plied me with cheesecake and cupcakes and cookies until I became obssessed with sweets.  I mean, I have always loved them, just never really ate a lot of them.

And then, low and behold, around week 29 my body went ape shit crazy and the doc told me I could no longer walk on my treadmill or wash dishes.  The latter did not hurt my feelings AT ALL.  Therefore, I put on way more than I should have- because of the treadmill, not the dishes, duh. 

So now I'm eating better and blah, blah, blah.  I hate to exercise.  There, I said it.  I don't want to do it.  I tried to get myself psyched up for Couch 2 5K, then I got strep throat.  I see it as an omen or something.  I truly think I would rather just not eat than exercise.

The bottom line is that I have a little less than 20 pounds to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight.  I would be super happy with a loss of 10.  I'm not making it a goal for 2011 because.....  Just because.  Losing weight is stressful enough, I don't want to put a time limit on it- though I would like to be comfortable in a bikini this summer.  Woe is me.  What to do?  I'm tired of squeezing into pants that don't fit me.  Buy some new ones, I know.  Fucking boo!

When does the "baby weight" excuse start getting flimsy and just downright ridiculous?  How do you eat a salad when that cheeseburger on tv is staring you down?  Maybe I should just start eating in my bikini....

All Your Base Are Belong To Us still makes me laugh.  I'm a big nerdface. 
On YouTube if you haven't seen it.


*Disclaimer:  I know that you gain weight when you have a baby and I would very willingly do it all over again even if I weighed a glorious 300 pounds.

5 comments:

  1. I am already dreading losing the pregnancy weight and I still have 3 months left tell my due date! I'm up 25 pounds already *shutters* and I know I need to eat better. It's tough I totally understand.

    No judgement here love! just do what you can and know you are beautiful no matter what :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! I wish you lived closer you could come do kickboxing with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are beautiful and perfect just the way you are; however, you are very lucky to have access to an expert in these things. Shall I forward you my cv/resume so you can take advantage of said expertise?? You know I am always here for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are gorgeous regardless :) And you are not alone. I hate excersising...it's an eternal battle with DH who loves it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, y'all! Anyone know how I can lose weight by sitting on the couch watching soaps and drinking wine? No?

    ReplyDelete